Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One Thing is Clear: Women Need It, and So Do the Men Who Love Them

I've often thought about the vendors who set up their booths week-after-week at fresh vegetable markets or craft faires. Certainly, in the past, I've had tables at business events at conference centers, but this past weekend would be my first time being outside with a canopy and all the fixin's. Setting up and running a vendor booth is tough duty. First there are the logistics and expense of the actual booth decor, which include the right signs that will actually entice someone to come into your booth, the right position of the table/s, the comfort of the chairs, and the right amount of inventory (which I grossly over-estimated), etc. Then there is the actual labor of getting the stuff into the car, taking it out again and setting it up, arranging it, and then taking it all down again. Next time my criteria will be that it has to all fit in my car and in one trip.

It was super, super hot and dusty at the Peace Village Festival in Ashland, Oregon. It's August, after all, and we've had horrible fires that created horrible, socked-in smoky air. But the powers-that-be gave me a terrific space close enough to a huge willow that I received lovely and regular breezes from and a bit of shade. Under this beautiful tree I set up the ancient healing bowl that I am the Keeper of, with water from the hot springs of the land, and instructions for individuals who walked up to the bowl to do their own private water ritual. I loved that. It was all perfect.

Up until now, I enjoyed a different kind of book event---readings or talks where hearing about and/or buying my book, 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks (4s4w), was the focus and purpose of attending. I would give a presentation one time and people who didn't have a book yet and wanted one would buy one. Never did it feel like "selling" because I'm so clear about the message I am putting out there. It is valuable, and it resonates with enough people that I don't worry about how many people are actually buying. The outcome has always been successful enough to please me.

But selling the concept and books at a music festival is an entirely different animal. The attendees pay to be free and to hear some really phenomenal music. It makes sense that most people only have so much more money to spend at the event itself, most of which will go to overly-priced food. It became clear to me after a couple of hours on the first night that I had my work cut out for me. Just sitting in the booth wasn't going to do much, although I did have the occasional interested party stop in to talk. If I wanted to at least meet my vendor fee in sales to break even, and more importantly, talk with women about aligning with their monthly cycle rhythm, then I'd have to pull up my bootstraps and get busy. I took my infamous clipboard with me to gather email addresses of interested parties and ask women this: "Do you track your cycle and do you have any interest in knowing more about the wisdom of your cycle?", For the guys, "Are you in a relationship and would you like to know more about how a woman's sex drive works by knowing more about her cycle?"

You'd think those questions (and me with a clipboard) would make people run. I was shocked at how quickly these mostly-young people engaged. It was right there in the forefront of the women's minds and they had no problem launching right into their cycle woes. I heard the same story over and over again, just with different details. I discovered that the biggest problem the women face these days is the irregularity of their cycle due to birth control pill usage, yet we all agreed that reliable contraception is crucial for preventing unwanted pregnancy. My answer is always the same: Try getting the physical cycle on track by first getting it on track mentally. Hence, the 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks approach. With the banners I had encircled the inside of the canopy with, I would visually show them the way to wrap their minds around their cycles in a more positive, enlightened, and cohesive way.

I showed them how the guidance of the female cycle blueprint would not only tell them when they had to rest well (or communicate, connect, lead, or process) in order to have a smoother experience, but it would ask them to look at the choices they are making in regard to romantic partners or bringing forth their authentic gifts. It has them looking at the sacredness of their being and the importance of valuing themselves. The female cycle blueprint helps a woman align with her core power, which ultimately, is the medicine the female gender must offer to heal the planet's challenges. It's big stuff.

Giving so many one-at-a-time presentations, rather than one presentation to many (I came on too late to be a workshop presenter), especially in the heat was taxing on my energy. But the flip-side was this: I loved it. Not only did I enjoy the general vibe of the festival, but this casual setting lent itself to intimate and real discussions with so many people. Hanging-out time allows individuals to have the space to speak from his or her heart more clearly about their vulnerabilities and challenges. I enjoyed it that people felt comfortable enough to grab a chair. They seemed hungry to talk with someone about this topic.

I sold almost enough books to cover my costs. Regardless, having a vendor booth at this festival was more than worthwhile. It was heartwarming.

The wisdom of the female cycle blueprint is new information for most, even for those who have been tracking their fertility for a long time, as well as the beauties who follow the Goddess traditions and do the Red Tent events and all that. One thing is clear: Women need it and so do the men who love them.  The female cycle blueprint is an internal navigation system for more than just fertility. It's a sacred and ancient feminine compass for living life fully, optimally, powerfully, and in harmony with the men in our lives and our planet.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment